Saturday 16 November 2013

A Skirt...made shorter

Had a great day at the National Trust's Arlington Court Christmas Fair today...

As soon as I got out my car to unload it...I saw people I knew from previous events I've attended. It's great to start feeling part of the 'circuit'.

My stall is beginning to really take shape now...I even have some shelves that Mr C has made and painted for me.

There was a real buzz in the marquee...and it was a buzz to start making sales as soon as people started coming through the doors. My Christmas cards and stocking filler pictures are going down well.

At this point I guess I best say...a big THANK YOU to Natalie and the team at Arlington for helping me...as my car broke down...just as I was driving back to the marquee to load my car up to go home...and I couldn't get any phone reception to call for help! They kindly helped me try to start my car (no luck!)...let me use their telephone...store my products overnight so I can collect them tomorrow instead of taking them home...and wait with me until my family arrived...and supply me with a cup of tea!

My sister, Mum, and nieces came to take me home...via Mum's so we could all watch Strictly Come Dancing together. And, I was treated to takeaway by my sister. THANK YOU!



I bought this skirt years ago. I love the material...corduroy...but it was an unflattering length so I hardly ever wore it.

I'm not one to have clothes hanging in my wardrobe taking up space and not being worn...so...I've cut about 8 inches off the length to make it above the knee...and removed the split from the back. I now have a skirt I wear all the time. Result!



Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment