Wednesday 9 October 2013

Bonded Impressions...part 1

I was burning the midnight oil last night...sewing into the small hours... actually I should say ironing...as I was doing the preparation for my applique work.

I wanted to get as many of my Christmas cards...small pictures...and medium pictures prepared for sewing as I could.

Then today I was working from Furniture Magpie...designing...measuring...cutting material. I'm back there tomorrow to finish cutting...then it really is on with the sewing! My studio is full of little Christmas Trees and I want to see them finished!




A few years ago I went to a workshop called 'Bonded Impressions', held by Claire Tinsley at Step by Step in South Molton.



She has won awards with her quilt-making. See her website: www.clairetinsley.co.uk for examples of her work.


We had the opportunity to choose a flower from one of her quilts and turn it into an individual piece.

Click on this link 'These are a few of my Favourite Things' for a picture of her quilt.


I chose to do the Magnolia flower from the top centre panel...though I was nearly swayed by the Poppy!

It's not quite finished. Every so often I get it out and add some more shading to the flowers or hand-stitch some more silver highlights.

Then I just need to bind the edges and hang it on my wall!




Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment