Saturday 10 August 2013

A Painted Chest of Drawers

When I had a look in my garage for things that I had made...



I found these Chest of Drawers hiding right at the back.



I had forgotten all about them!

They started their life as white draws with standard plastic gold rimmed circular handles.



I painted the draws blue...sprayed a protective layer of varnish on them...then painted daisies around each hole where the screw for the handle goes through.

I replaced the original handles with round wooden ones and painted them yellow to make them look like the inside of a daisy.




This is my inspiration...a quilt cover I bought in Next.

 I wanted to create a co-ordinated in my spare room.


I traced the pattern onto grease-proof paper...and then onto the draws...




...to give this finished effect...







Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment