Wednesday 14 August 2013

A Blue Skirt...cut on the bias

I soon leaped out of my lethargic state yesterday...

Mr C came round and...he's taking me away for a few days to celebrate my birthday! Lucky girl!

So I'm now in full run round getting everything done...and getting packed...mode!

Washing and ironing done (yep, I tackled those mountains yesterday!)...I just need to decide what I'm going to take...and get a few days worth of blogs written.

My sister has very kindly said she'll publish my blog each day for me rather than me schedule posts and spend my time out wondering whether its worked. I'm taking some proper time out!

Now to admit...although my birthday is tomorrow...I'm not going away for a few days. Excitement has taken over! I just want to get everything organised as I've got a long To Do list to get through before I go.



Here's my make for the day...

I found this pattern in Prima magazine. I think it was about 10 years ago now...and that's why I like it...it's classical.



Don't be taken in by the 'Last minute makes - they're so easy!' title.

In my experience...make things when you have the time...and not last minute. Guaranteed a mistake will be made when you rush to get something finished. You then have something that doesn't fit or look right when its finished...and then you don't wear it...





There is nothing better than wearing something that you've made...that fits well and makes you feel good.

I made my skirt with a sheer blue material with a matching blue lining. I made the lining slightly shorter to show off the sheerness of the top material.







Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment