Saturday 5 January 2013

The Penguin's Nose

Last night Mr C came over. He came laden with shopping bags and said "I'm cooking for you whether you want me to or not!" What girl is going to say no to a firefighter walking through her door with those words?

While he was cooking he took a knife out the draw and asked if it was sharp. Then he looked at the wooden handle and pulled a face. It looked like it had a splodge of blood on it. I looked more closely. Hmm...

Then I remembered. Before Christmas I was making my friend her Christmas present. A Penguin in a Jar. It needed a pointed nose. I use the end of wooden barbecue sticks. They're just the right size. Paint the pointed end then cut it off and glue it into place. This time it was the penguin's turn.

Nope, I said, its not blood. It's glass paint. Red. It gives the nose a nice gloss. And you may need to sharpen the knife... as I owned up to using my kitchen knives for cutting wood...

Here's the penguin. With one I made earlier.





One is mine, with the original Tilda Christmas tree design. You'll find I make a LOT of Tilda patterns. I love making them.





I changed the tree for the second one and gave it a more traditional shape.
The material has holly on it. I've sewn little red beads onto each berry to make them sparkly.



Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you're enjoying it. Let me know. Hopefully any technical glitches have been ironed out. It's been a steep learning curve! It was only after I'd put my first blog out there that I realised I hadn't put any 'widgets' on. Oops! I'm working on my photography skills too.

I better get on with sewing my new designs ready for Tuesday. Going well so far.

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment