Tuesday 22 January 2013

An Angelic Pincushion

I think I've made just about every item in Tilda's 'Sew Pretty Homestyle' book. If not, I will have done by the end of the year!




Before I came across this book I had a lull in sewing. I'd mainly concentrated on dressmaking, then got side-tracked by buying clothes...and shoes...lovely shoes...





Then I re-discovered my other sewing skills, like making dolls and bags. Even hearts. It brought out the more decorative and sentimental me. And, this is when I realised how much satisfaction there is in making things for other people.




My eldest niece has become a fan of sewing too. So I made her this pincushion to help start her on her creative path...




I used variegated embroidery thread to give the angel motif a different effect.


And, added a flower to make it pretty for her.






Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment