Friday 4 January 2013

Some twigs + an old shirt = a present!

A few years ago my Mum gave me 'The Tilda Characters Collection' by Tone Finnanger for my birthday. It's a pretty set of 4 books full of patterns for angels, dolls, birds and bunnies.

Hidden in the pages of one of the books I found a message...

"I love this Scarecrow lady. It reminds me of Rageddy Ann. PLEASE PLEASE could I have one? Love you LOTS!!!"

How could I resist such a request? Cheeky as it was. My sister loved her Rageddy Ann doll when she was little.

My timing for making it wasn't great though. 3 days before Christmas! I don't have a garden so an expedition to the woods to hunt for twigs for the hair and hands was needed. My Present Making Factory went into frantic pull your hair out mode. A big thank you to my two nieces who helped me...off we went in our wellies and macs in the pouring rain...we got soaked... so did the twigs. They spent the next day sat on the radiator drying out.

So this Christmas my sister got her wish. Made extra special as the dungaree's are made from our Grandad's old shirt I had hidden away that she didn't know about. That's the joy of giving something handmade :)













Sweet Gardenia Rose SHOP NEWS: I've been given the opportunity to showcase the designs I'm working on at the next North Devon+ Business Support meeting. It's on Tuesday. Its all systems go to get turning the designs into products!!

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment