Monday 28 January 2013

Memories of York

I bought some hatboxes in a sale. Well made. Just didn't like the covering.



Too orange and black for my liking.


I thought I would transform them into something I do like.



Years later I went to a conference in York for work. I travelled up the weekend before with my colleague and good friend so we could spend some time sightseeing.

We went to the cinema to watch Moulin Rouge. What I remember most is running back to the Bed & Breakfast in the pouring rain getting absolutely soaked!

I also found my inspiration for my hatbox project. Some wrapping paper with hearts and flowers on it.

When I got back I spent ages cutting the paper into smaller pieces then gluing them onto the now plainly painted boxes.

Much more pleasing to the eye.



Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment