Tuesday 8 January 2013

The case of the disappearing ink...

I know 12th night is over but I'm not quite ready to put Christmas away just yet.

Here's a picture of a bird I made to hang on my tree. Yes, it's another Tilda design...










I think they make lovely gifts. I make them in pairs. Without the bling. Less is more.

Last year I started a production line so I would be ready in time for my annual Christmas Present Factory rush. Hmm. It didn't quite go to plan...

I normally use grease-proof paper for patterns. This time I made a cardboard template as I was making a small flock of birds. I drew around the template on my chosen material and put a pin through each 'bird' to keep it in place ready for sewing.

I made 6-8 birds. I still had some more birds to sew. That's okay I thought, I'll leave those for another day's sewing. Well, it would have been okay if I hadn't used an air erasable pen... Normally I want my pen markings to disappear. Not this time. I didn't quite click. Weeks later when I went to finish the remaining birds I just found a load of matching material pinned together. There were no bird outlines to sew around...Start again time.











Sweet Gardenia Rose SHOP NEWS: I went to the North Devon Plus business support meeting today. My designs were met very positively. Yippee! I'm on a bit of a high. Its an early night tonight to recharge my batteries then fresh start tomorrow. I've got some more ideas to work on before setting up my Facebook page and sharing them with you all.

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment