Monday 21 January 2013

A Wrap-Around Dog

I've just got back home from a talk by David Kennard who is the creator of 'Mist sheepdog tales'. It's a children's television program on Channel Five. He even brought along one of the stars of the show, his sheepdog Fly.

I don't make a habit of going to talks about sheep dogs. Once a month I go to a Speaker Meeting with Soroptimist International, Barnstaple (* info at end of my blog) and tonight's turn was sheep dog trials. We even had a demo. This involved a group of business women sat bleating like sheep, the farmer whistling, and the dog running round the room as if she was rounding us up...

While I was sat there I remembered I have a much loved jumper with a dog on it. Aha, another day's blog!

So, meeting over, I've dashed home to find my jumper and write about it. Happily, while I was looking I found another 5 home-made things to write about. Phew, that makes the 365 day challenge a little easier to meet!

On with the jumper. Not literally...

My Mum was a prolific knitter when I was younger. She knitted this jumper for me when I was 11 or 12. My sister got one too. Her's had a squirrel on it.



I absolutely love Dachshunds.







This is one very much loved Dachshund.


He's now a covered in bobbles and even a little holey.

It's stretched that much I can still fit into it.





Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

* I've been a Soroptimist for 3 years and love it. It's an organisation for business women and we help women and girls reach their potential. Here's the link if you would like more information:
Soroptimist International. You can get involved as much as you want. I've collected signatures for petitions, helped with fundraising, wrapped Christmas presents for the children in the women's refuge, sorted food for the homeless, the list goes on. Best of all, you make great friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment