Friday 7 June 2013

An Impractical Coil Vase

Keeping with yesterday's beach theme...




Welcome to my office!







I've spent the day at Braunton Burrows. Taking photos of my products...to use on my website and Etsy shop.




Thank you to my lovely Mum. She kept me company and helped me carry everything to the car and back. It was a bit of a trek along a sandy path!



Here's a coil pot I made.

I wanted to create something different. So the round base has thicker walls than the top part.







The reason why it is impractical?

I made a curve on the top of the base for the top part of the vase to sit in.

That's fine...you can clean the outside...you can fill it with water and fill it with flowers...but try emptying water out of it...the last drops of water just can't get past that curve! You don't think of these things when you're busy making...


Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment