Wednesday 1 May 2013

Tree in a Cotton Reel...part 1

Today has been blissful...


One of my friends popped round first thing this morning for a catch up...

I went into town to do some errands and walked along a street where all the cherry trees are in full blossom...the sun is shining and everyone was sat outside soaking up the rays...

My Mum came down to help me prepare for my next craft fair...however...we ended up doing the same...sitting outside in the sunshine watching the world go by...we did no sewing...

Then I'm going over to my friend's for tea as I offered to look after her children and foreign exchange students for an hour.

Its not how I intended to spend my day...but...if I was still working on the corporate hamster wheel I would have missed out on all this...so I'm making the most of it when I can!

I saw the idea for this tree in a magazine at Christmas. They make great decorations. You simply cut out two triangles of material...sew two sides and part of the third together...fill with stuffing...insert a stick (I used a couple of barbecue sticks)...finish sewing together by hand...place the tree in a cotton reel so it stands up. You can decorate with ribbons and lace if you want to.

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment