Wednesday 29 May 2013

A Scene Setter

Who would imagine that sitting in a marquee for 6 hours could be such tiring work? I'm back home after the craft fair and have been sat here for the past 3 hours and not really getting very far with writing...

The fair went really well. I met great people and received loads of positive comments about my products. 'Beautiful', 'Good Quality', 'Lovely'. One lady was so supportive and complimentary about my products I nearly started to cry... The long hours have been worth it. I'm on the right track with what I want to achieve!

I probably should have advertised which fair I was going to be at...but...I just wanted to ease myself in. So...rather after the fact...this is where I've been today...Arlington Court.




This was the view from the marquee...







The peacocks were strutting their stuff when we arrived.




I'll be there again in November for their Christmas Fair. Somehow I think it will be much colder in the marquee...


Here's a cushion I made for my sister as a scene setter for the 'Family of Mice'.

It has a border of stitched flowers and a small heart that is padded to make it 3D.



If you look through the Tilda books you often find small items like these featured in the photos. They don't have patterns but add the finishing touches to the dolls.

I'm having a well deserved night off...slumped in front of the television...

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment