Tuesday 30 July 2013

Handmade Holiday Memories...part 1

To help me get through preparing for 2 large events that are 3 days apart...I'm going to share with you some handmade holiday memories...



I went to Venice...years ago...with a friend I worked with. It was one of those spur of the moment decisions. We just booked up and went.




At the airport I bought my first pair of running shoes...and...I couldn't be convinced to get out of bed to go running the first morning...it was January and freezing outside...but I did go the next couple of mornings...and loved it!

If you're going to start running then Venice is a pretty good place to start!

Since then I've taken my running shoes on a few holidays...one time I found myself responsible for leading a group of people I was on tour with to a restaurant I had found on a little jetty in Sorrento on one of my morning runs.


Anyway...while my friend and me where in Venice we visited the islands. When we were on Murano...home of glass making...we came across a little shop that sold these glass taps...with a little fish in the drip...about to join the two fish in the bowl below.

It caught my imagination so had to buy one.


Right...I can delay no more...back to sewing!

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment