Friday 13 December 2013

A Truly Basic Handbag

Another trip tonight...the other night was a trip to outer space...this time...we're going back in time...

...to when I was 10 or 11...sat in my bedroom...with some scraps of material...determined to make a set of luggage for my Sindy doll. Matching luggage. She was a chic girl who liked to travel in style. With a shoe collection to die for!

Hand sewn luggage too. No time to setting up my sewing machine...I was eager to get making.

As I said...scraps of material...and some thread were all I had. I had to be inventive.




So here goes...one of the bags I made. It's about 1 inch squared with a handle made with a piece of thread.

I guess even a skilled and experienced sewer has to start somewhere!








What it did though...is give me an appreciation for material. Beautiful...tactile...material.

No more geometric patterned nylon for me!



Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment