Monday 9 December 2013

A Christmas Calendar full of Happy Memories

A few years ago..or it could have been more...

...I was shopping with my friend on a trip to see her in Norway. I found some great calendars...black card...a cover page...then 12 pages with white writing for the names of the months...with space at the top of each page to attach a photo...and a calendar with room to add appointments.

I bought one each for my Mum...sister...and close friends.

When I got home I set to finding photos that would be special and relevant to each person.

Most of them had to be scanned...then I gave them a picture frame edging...before printing and attaching them into each calendar. Then I gave each photo a title...writing it next to the photo in silver ink...and glued swirls of sparkly green glitter onto each page.

For an special finish....I wrote everyone's birthday into each calendar.

I thought I still had a blank calendar to show you...but if I do...it's hiding somewhere and not willing to give up it's hiding place. I'll post a picture of my Mum's...when I remind her...again...to find it for me :) Rather than wait...I thought I would show you some of the photos...and...if you think it's a good idea for a gift you still have time to get making!



A field of sunflowers. My favourite flowers.
On a trip to see the racing stables and auction houses in Newmarket. On on my birthday with a friend.






A rare picture of My Dad, Mum, sister and me together.

A family holiday in Devon before we moved here to live.







My Grandma and Grandad...my Mum's parents...on a trip to Cumbria with my sister. They wanted to show us where my Mum and uncles grew up.

I love this picture!






Italy!

I've made a few trips...and used to have Italian lessons.

I'm looking forward to my eldest niece studying Italian when she starts high school next year. I'll get to practice my Italian again!







Me...under a giant daffodil in the park in Christchurch, New Zealand.







Me...under a beautiful tree absolutely laden with cherry blossom.

To remind my Mum about a weekend we spent together in Cambridge...where we saw a similar tree outside Kings College Chapel.







A ffjord in Norway...on the way to...







...my friend's summer house in Norway. Built by her Grandad.

Blissful...blissful...holidays!






...where we got the chance to be pulled around the Ffjord...by a speed boat...sat in a rubber ring! Great fun!







The perfect Christmas tree...a Norwegian Fir.







Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment