Monday 29 April 2013

My School Cardigan

Its a beautiful sunny day outside...and I'm inside working on figures for my business plan :(


I have to sit and focus...so my run with Mr C's sister is cancelled...my Mum is on speed dial to help me calculate how many items I can make per metre of material...and Mr C is on the way over later with chocolate. Lots of it I hope. Its needed!

The thing I've realised is...when you're at school or studying you have plenty of people around you to ask questions and a teacher to help you find the answers. You're pretty much working at the same pace together.


When you're at work you have colleagues and managers to help. You work together as a team.

When you're setting up a business you have mentors...friends...other people setting up their business...books etc...but at the end of the day...its your business...unique to you...you've just got to sit down and get on with it. I suppose that's true of everything...it won't happen by itself!

So the calculator is out...the spreadsheet is open...and I'm working it out as I'm going along. Its a steep learning curve!

Hopefully I won't be as mishapen as my old school cardigan by the end of it...

My Mum knitted this for me when I was 13-14. I think it grew... I don't remember it being this baggy. I've taken the buttons off it as I'm going to turn it into a cushion cover. I'll let you know when I've finished it :)


Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment