Thursday 28 February 2013

A Doorstop with Holiday Memories

A few years ago I went on holiday to the Cotswold's with some of my dearest friends. When we were there we stumbled upon a shop with a great selection of material tucked away at the back of the shop.

I was very restrained and only bought 2 pieces of material. A fat quarter each of blue and brown.


I used them to make a doorstop.


As I didn't have any sand to hand I used glass beads for weighting. I didn't want a trip to the shops to delay the creative flow! I sewed the beads into a cotton bag and surrounded them with stuffing to protect them. They make my doorstop tinkle every time I move it!

The left-over material you'll see appear in other projects.



I didn't use a pattern to make my doorstop. I worked out the shape and size and myself. If you want to make one yourself try this site for ideas and patterns: http://tipnut.com/door-stops/

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment