Wednesday 6 February 2013

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

I'm sat here writing my blog...getting distracted by a program about chocolate... My choice is well timed then!

There was an article in my magazine about making Christmas presents. One suggestion was to make Hot Chocolate on a Stick. Fabulous idea. A nice stocking filler too.

In my keenness to protect the environment somehow the magazine, and recipe, escaped into recycling before I got making...Oops!

I searched the internet and found a great chocolate fudge flavour recipe.


I poured the chocolate fudge into small silicon cases.





Then decorated each one with chocolate sprinkles and edible glitter.

Once they had cooled I removed the cases.


This is just my attempt at being artistic...

I wrote messages on cellophane bags for family and friends with a fine permanent marker, then placed 2-3 chocolate sticks in each bag. I guess you could use gift tags instead.







Here's the link if you'd like to make them yourself:

http://candy.about.com/od/christmascandy/r/Hot-Chocolate-On-A-Stick.htm

If you're like me...they won't get a whiff of hot milk...they'll just be eaten off the stick. Enjoy!

Until tomorrow,
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment